In my etsy store, I’ve renewed these unique hematite with red bead earrings! They’re definitely very cool and very different! See these along with the rest of my collection of earrings, necklaces and more!
Looking for something with a Victorian feel and and a bit of a Steampunk twist? This copper keyhole pendant might be just the thing! See it and more in my etsy store and see my whole selection of necklaces, earrings, bracelets and rings!
Lost two followers this week...
- I'm a little sad about that but I appreciate those of you who continue to follow me here!
- Is there anything you'd like to see more of on here? I mean, mostly its for posting the art and jewelry I sell, but if you have questions or anything or want to see something different - let me know!
Happy Monday Morning! Looking for something to brighten up your day as you start a new week? Then this aqua dichroic pendant is perfect for you! This beautiful glass catches the light, bringing to mind caribbean waters and clear blue skies - see it and more in my etsy shop today!
Monday Morning Inspiration…
You were never created to live depressed. Defeated. Guilty. Condemned. Ashamed or unworthy. You were created to be victorious.
I’ve renewed these very cool clock face earrings with hands that really move! These are great for anyone looking for something with a Steampunk flair or just want something unique! See them and more in my etsy store - https://www.etsy.com/listing/183123155/steampunk-brass-clock-face-with-multiple?ref=shop_home_active_1
Renewed in my etsy shop are these quirky and cool spinner earrings! The spinners actually move! These are great earrings and they’re available now with a great selection of other pieces in my etsy store!
This is something everyone needs to know. These are copyright laws for the United States but they apply to digital content (which, if hosted on a US-based site, are subject to U.S. copyright laws).
- copyright basics
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA) pdf of the law
- wiki of the DMCA
- wiki of Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Copyright info for artists: how copyright law protects your art
- copyright registration for graphic, pictorial, and sculptural works
- copyright registration for online works
- legally using images
To summarize a few things:
- as soon as something is put into a tangible medium, it is copyrighted to its creator
- that means reposting shit without citing the original artist is not only morally wrong, it is illegal
- copyright lasts for the life of the creator + 70 years
- commercial copyright can last for 95 years, and companies are working to get that extended (this is why Disney stuff isn’t in the public domain and probably never will be)
- there is no such thing as an international copyright that automatically protects your work throughout the world. However, the Berne Convention established that once something is copyrighted in the country of its creator, other countries have to acknowledge that copyright
It’s really important for people to know about copyright laws. Saying “well you shouldn’t post it online if you don’t want it stolen” is wrong. Just because it’s the internet doesn’t mean you can take whatever you want. People have worked hard to create these things, and these things are protected just like any other intellectual property.